This regional Summit will take place Monday, October 30, 2023.
The Summit is open to physicians, physician assistants, nurses, social workers and other healthcare professionals, medical residents and fellows, students, biomedical scientists, population health researchers, healthcare system leaders, healthcare policymakers, academic faculty and staff, students, academics, non-profit organizations, community members, and others who are committed to equity in the health and biomedical sciences and bringing quality healthcare to underserved and under-represented populations.
CALL FOR SESSION PROPOSALS
We are seeking proposals for one-hour plenary and concurrent sessions connected with the annual theme and overall learning objectives for the conference. We are also seeking abstracts describing research, quality improvement, or innovation in areas of health equity for posters or oral presentations. Competitive proposals are thought-provoking and accessible to a broad technical and lay audience. We are particularly interested in proposals that address one of the following areas:
Theme: Patient and Family-Centered Care
- Clinical Track - Liberation medicine; Trauma-focused care; Culturally humble approaches to clinical documentation; Medical ethics and decision-making
- Academic/Research Track - Use of evidence-based decision tools in care such as food security assessment; Informed consent for clinical research
- Advocacy Track - Incorporate patient and family voice in care setting; Access to interpreters; Access to cultural navigators; Addressing competency in care for people with disabilities
- Leadership Track - Modeling best care using data in health equity; Racially/Culturally congruent providers
- Clinical Track - Employee engagement; Addressing microaggressions in patient care
- Academic/Research Track - Equitable communication practices; Employee/Clinician burnout tools; History of inequitable systems in health care and health research; Assessing health equity competencies in the health professions
- Advocacy Track - Language access; Ethics; Family leave and accessible childcare; Compensation/Parity
- Leadership Track - Initiatives on excellence in management; Equitable talent and acquisition; Support for underrepresented employees and students; Funding for health equity in institutional budgets; Executive leadership role in health equity accountability
- Clinical Track - Population health; Health disparities; Access to providers (right care, right time, right place)
- Academic/Research Track - Participatory action research designs; Health disparities research; Training in racial awareness and healing; De-escalation techniques in health and law enforcement
- Advocacy Track - Restorative justice frameworks; Insurance and payment decisions and equitable care; Housing and healthy food access; Mental health and substance use treatment
- Leadership Track - Community collaboration; Addressing institutional/systemic racism in organizations
CALL FOR POSTER OR ORAL PRESENTATION ABSTRACTS
We are also soliciting abstracts for poster or oral presentations describing research, quality improvement, or innovation in areas of health equity, including original research dedicated to health equity issues and workforce diversity in the categories of:
- Community Organization/Government-led
Questions? Please email HES@uvm.edu.
We look forward to engaging with you in October!