Small class sizes, appreciation of diversity, and a spirit of inclusion promote a strong sense of community at the Department of Theatre. An extensive production schedule offers students numerous opportunities to practice the creation of theatre while rigorous academic offerings challenge students to learn and grow. The Department provides an expansive and creative curriculum that values ideas and promotes self-expression. Our program promotes the liberal arts approach to a theatre education by providing depth and breadth of study, thereby cultivating critical thinking and an understanding of historical and social contexts. Strong student-faculty relations and an accomplished theatre department staff make for a professional but inclusive learning environment.
CORE LEARNING OUTCOMES
- Collaborate effectively in artistic, professional, and social situations
- Utilize creativity and imagination in artistic, professional and social problem solving
- Apply critical analysis to text, image, and the human body
- Identify and articulate a basic understanding of historical and cultural influences on the art form
- Gain critical awareness of the art form as a response to human and social conditions